A powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory; a cleansing agent for the liver; and a key ingredient to managing the (anti)inflammation process that contributes to a long and healthy life.
This little gem is a bit of an all-rounder, and one that has been a saviour to me in managing my Crohns symptoms!
With or without existing disease, this guy has an endless list of incredible health benefits that we can all enjoy, and should definitely feature on your menu often!
Check out one of my fave, super simple turmeric drinks, below:
YOU WILL NEED
• 2 cups quality coconut milk, unsweetened
• 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
• 1/2-1 tsp ground tumeric (adjust for taste)
• 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
• Cinnamon to taste
• 1 tsp raw honey – optional
1. Combine all ingredients in a pot over low heat and whisk until combined.
2. Continue to heat, gently, until the milk is hot.
3. Pour into 2 mugs.
NOTE: I love adding 1 tsp of tahini (unhulled) for that extra nutty flavour and a good calcium hit.
(Photo by the beautiful McKel of Nutrition Stripped)